Standing hamstring stretch
- Stand with the leg to be stretched just in front of the other one.
- Bend the back knee and lean forwards from the hips.
- Place your hands on the bent leg's thigh, to balance yourself.
- If you can't feel a stretch, lean further forwards or tilt your pelvis forwards.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat regularly throughout the day.
This involves gentle swings of the leg forwards and backwards gradually getting higher and higher each time. Around 10 to 15 swings on each leg should be enough. The stretches can be done early in the morning (be careful not to force it) as this will set the length of muscle spindle for the rest of the day.
- Sit with on the floor with the leg to be stretched out straight and the other bent out of the way.
- Rotate the straight leg inwards and lean forward at the hips to feel a stretch under the thigh.
- Hold stretch for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the stretch throughout the day at least 5 times.