- The bent knee moves to the side, allowing the body to move past it, but the sole of the foot must remain on the floor.
- Keep the back straight and the head up during the forward flexion movement.
- The knee of the extended leg should remain straight. Tester may place one hand above the student’s knee to help keep the knee straight.
- Hands should reach forward evenly.
- The trial should be repeated if the hands reach unevenly or the knee bends.
- Hips must remain square to the box. Do not allow the student to turn the hip away from the box while reaching.
Friday, December 3, 2010
How did you control for reliability?
The definition of reliabilty is will the testers get the same results if re-tested tomorrow?
The reliability will depend on the amount of warm-up allowed, and whether the same procedures are followed each time. If this is done then the test would be reliable. I would use the information below to make sure the test remains reliable.